Serving members and
their families since 1955
Aliquippa Home Office/Branch
Friendly Federal Credit Union was born from a very simple idea:
People Helping People
On March 31, 1955, at the home of Robert Persichetti, the first treasurer, seven directors met to form J & L Service Department Credit Union. At that time, the field of membership consisted of employees of J & L Steel Mill’s service departments. All service departments of J & L (carpenters, painters, bricklayers, blast furnace, sinter plant, boiler houses, blow engine room, tin shop and garage general labor) and members of their immediate families belonged.
As our credit union grew, we moved from a home office to an office
complex above the Elks in Aliquippa. We later moved to Grand Avenue
in Aliquippa. We remained there until we had our very own building constructed at our present location: 2000 Main Street, Aliquippa, PA.
During our growth years, we had to face many challenges, such as long steel strikes and eventually, the closing of our steel mill. Because of the mill closing, we decided to have our name changed to Friendly Federal Credit Union on October 27, 1985. We then expanded our field of membership to include four credit union mergers. Our latest merger became effective on June 13, 2013 and included the opening of our second office in Baden, PA. Currently, we serve 4,277 members and
As you can see, it was the dream of seven men: Charles E. Davies, President; Fred Gray, Vice President; Robert Persichetti, Treasurer; Paul Piccirelli, Clerk; Michael Briscoe, George Glomb and James Ursitti, and out of them grew FFCU. We will continue to work hard serving you, our loyal members, keeping the credit union philosophy of “not for charity, not for profit, but for service.”
have assets of $48,000,000.00. We offer a variety of services, most of which are free and have added a drive-thru window and our own ATM machine. We have also renovated our office, up-graded our computer system, added on-line banking and Phe loans.